Thursday, October 22, 2009

No Way

Mark's beloved Civic was stolen from work back in May. We held out hope for three months that it would be found, but ended up buying a new car once school started. We weren't excited about buying a new car since we had just switched to liability only two months before the car was stolen. Last night we got a call that the car was found. On our way to pick it up we were preparing to drive up and find a stripped or trashed Civic. The car was in perfect condition and started just fine. The only thing missing was his ten year old cd changer in the trunk. Even his Coke can from the day before was still in the cup holder. It turns out the car had been sitting in a parking lot in West Valley for five months. It had no miles on it. The policeman said the person was probably too lazy to walk home so they just stole the car and dropped it. I can't believe that we had to buy a new car and I sat at home for three months this summer without a car all because someone was too lazy to walk home. Ahhhh, so frustrating. We now have a 1997 Civic for sale if anyone is interested?!?!

3 comments:

Annie said...

Aubrey, I had no idea that Marks car was stolen... that is crazy! Im glad it all worked out though for you guys:) Good luck!

The Arbuckle's said...

That is crazy! I can't believe nothing else was stolen but the cd changer.

Good luck on trying sell it.

weston'smommy said...

Yeah I am glad you found it but man what a pain.