Monday, December 7, 2009

Gingerbread Houses

Every year I bake gingerbread houses for my family. This is probably the last year I will bake houses for Mark and my brothers. From now on I will bake a big sheet of gingerbread for them. The boys always take the cute houses and saw them apart to make new creations.
This year we had the White House by Patrick, a rocket by Mitchell and a bomb shelter by Thomas for the President when the rocket hits the White House. We usually have a judge to decide the winner, but Mark said there was no need since Phillip's football stadium was the obvious choice. My mom made a cute church with stained glass windows. Mark said Jessica and I were boring with our plain cute houses. Mark did a graj (garage) for Santa's sleigh.
Luke just liked rubbing his hands in the frosting. He couldn't understand why the candy couldn't go right in his mouth. He did get to eat plenty of frosting!




2 comments:

The Arbuckle's said...

I'm quite impressed with your gingerbread talents. I love how Thomas made a bomb shelter, very funny.

Lory said...

Aubrey,
you are my hero... seriously a dozen gingerbread houses... sigh!