Sunday, January 23, 2011

Jell-O Play Dough

Winter is hard to entertain kids inside all day. I saw this recipe for Jell-O Play Dough and thought it would be fun to try. Luke and Callie each picked out their Jello flavors...shocking that Callie picked pink and Luke yellow. Everything is yellow in Luke's little world! They loved helping me make it. They sat and played with it forever. I think Luke ate about half of his. Silly boy!

In a saucepan, combine 1 cup flour, ½ cup salt, 2 T. cream of tartar, 2 T. vegetable oil, 1 cup warm water, and a 3 oz. package Jell-O gelatin. Stir over medium heat continuously until it pulls away from side and forms a ball. Watch carefully because it burns easily. Continue to knead on counter until smooth. Store in a plastic bag.




2 comments:

vtalbot said...

So cute, Aubs, I'll have to file that recipe away--not that I'll have many occasions to use it at this point in my life!

The Arbuckle's said...

cute idea.