Since we bought our home decorated there a few items that aren't exactly my taste. After living in it for two years there are a few pieces of furniture I have wanted to change. The tables in my family room have always bugged me.
I have been stalking the blog The Frosted Gardner lately. It is a husband and wife that do amazing furniture refinishing. I decided since I hated my tables anyways why not give it a try! I learned a lot of things along the way that will make future projects easier, but for the most part it was easier than I thought. Obviously my tables aren't perfect, but they will work!
I had a hard time with the glass in the end table. At first, I wanted to replace it with beadboard. I had to let go of that idea since Luke is frequently found standing on our tables and it just wouldn't hold him! I found a glass company that has amazing different types of glass. I think I will replace the regular glass with a tempered bubble glass. That way it will still be unique and safe for Mr. Luke!
As we were carrying the tables in last night I was thinking how nice it will be to not be in the garage working for a week straight and I can let my tired arms rest. Then, I told Mark how I didn't like our sofa table either. We got looking on KSL classifieds...huge mistake...and found the most gorgeous antique dresser. I called the lady immediately. Mark is going to get it for me tonight and I can't wait to get started!
4 comments:
Loving it! Now come help me finish all my stuff!
Yeah!!! So gorgeous... you are amazing!
Don't you just love the frosted gardner? I've contacted melanie and her husband so many times when I was re-doing my head board and twins' dresser, such a fun couple.
LOVE the way your tables turned out, so cute. Can't wait to see this antique table.
Aubs... you are amazing! Everytime I hang out with you I feel inadequate... LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment