Monday, June 27, 2011

Disneyland

Mark had a one day training in LA so Luke and I decided to tag along. Luke and I were on our own most days. Our first day was spent at the beach. This kid loves the sand. I was still finding sand in his ears when we got home. Luke spent two days digging an rolling around in the sand!

I had never been to the Pacific Aquarium so we decided to give it a try. It is a pretty cool aquarium, Luke and I spent an entire day there. He loved looking at all the fish. I thought his favorite part would be the touching exhibits. You were able to touch a ton of different creatures and coral. Luke wanted nothing to do with it. I couldn't even get him to put his fingers in the water...not at all like him. His two favorite things were the Nemo and Dori tank and the splash pad outside.

I didn't think this day would ever come, but we talked Mark into going to Disneyland. He wouldn't admit it now, but I think he had a fun time watching Luke there! We were there when the park opened and stayed until it closed. Luke was in heaven. He had a hard time understanding the concept of waiting in line, and when the second the ride would end he would want to stay on and go again. Mark made a new rule that we didn't wait for any ride with more than a twenty minute wait. I think the highlight of Luke's day was seeing Mater. He was so happy to see him and just kept hugging him. We will need to go back when the Cars ride is done! Mark and Luke both enjoyed their first turkey leg at Disneyland...yum! Luke was super excited to go on Pirates of the Caribbean. When we first got on he was telling us he was scared, but when the ride was over he wanted to go again. Same thing with the Haunted Mansion, however, that ride scared the pee right out of him and all over daddy! It didn't stop Luke, he yelled again when we were done! It was a fun trip and we can't wait to do it again!







No comments: