Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween at School

The day we celebrate Halloween at school is one of my most favorite school days of the year. Truthfully, I don't think I could work at a school that didn't allow the kids to dress-up and have a parade. Did I mention that it's also not the most relaxing day?!?! I always let Luke come with me because he loves seeing all the kids and participating in the activities. I love that he will stand there and watch 730 kids walk by in their costumes. His favorite was probably a Perry the Platypus costume. When Perry came by he started to chase after him.

During the parade we like to throw candy at out the kids...I'm sure their teachers love it! Luke wanted to be in charge of the candy this year. He had quite the throw and wasn't afraid to throw it in their faces...next year we'll buy soft candy and not suckers with sticks!

The second grade teachers and I decided to be cowgirls this year. I have to admit that I wasn't totally onboard at first because right now I am only into t-shirts I can stretch over my stomach. There was no buttoning of the cowgirl shirt! I love the ladies that I teach with and have so much fun with them! Yee Haw!

Duke participated in everything he possibly could...parade, spook alley, party, and the list goes on. He was one exhausted knight and collapsed on the floor. It sure was a fun day!


No comments: