Tuesday, November 29, 2011

It's A Boy

I have been slow to post about a new little addition. We are so excited to finally know that we are going to have a new little boy in our family. Luke is not totally convinced that it is a brother yet. He is still sure that it's sister Reese in mommy's tummy. Since I was super sick with this pregnancy I thought it had to be a girl, but we are excited to have a buddy for Luke!

When we went to my 16 week ultrasound Dr. Spencer first said it was a girl and told Luke he was going to have a sister. Luke started to dance around the room and yell that sister Reese was in mommy's tummy. Then, Dr. Spencer went around to a different view and told us he was going to change his guess. Luke was not happy and let Dr. Spencer know it. He started to argue with Dr. Spencer and tell him that, "It not a boy in mommy's tummy, it a 'gr.'" A few days later I was talking to Luke about it and for the first time he started to realize how great a brother will be. We talked about how they can play trucks in the sandbox and Luke said that he would teach brother not to throw sand!

So far this baby is super active. Both of mine have been really active and I start to feel them move around 10 weeks. The only difference is that this little guy loves to sit on and kick my bladder. Ahhhh. Could he really be more wild than Luke?!?! Mark and Luke have been able to feel him move so far which is always a fun point! We are excited to meet this little guy in April. Luke keeps asking me to get him out of my tummy so they can play!

3 comments:

Emily said...

That is so great - congrats! I have totally been waiting to see what you are having!! Jack had told me for weeks he was going to have a baby sister before we found out too :)He is now thrilled to have "baby brother". What is more fun than having two little boys? They will be the best of friends (and the worst of enemies hahaha).

The Arbuckle's said...

Congrats! two boys in a row is so much fun. Its fun to hear how active this little one is. I guess you already know what its like to have a wild little boy, whats one more right?

weston'smommy said...

Congrats! Brothers are so fun!!! I wanted a girl so bad but I love having two boys close in age like yours will be.