Saturday, December 10, 2011

And The Stockings Were Hung

My cute Great Grandma always made these felt stockings for us when we were little. When Luke was born my mom decided to carryon the tradition and make one for Luke. I decided that I should probably make one for Mark so that we could each have one. I wish I could say that I got right on it and had it done the first year Luke was born...not even close. I am not good with projects that I can't complete in one maybe two days. This poor stocking took me three years to finish. I kept putting it away and finding other projects that sounded more interesting. This year I was determined to have it done and hanging on the mantel. Obviously, my stocking was made when I was born and the patterns have changed a bit. Mark thinks that I need to make a new stocking for me now to match his and Luke's. I love my stocking because my grandma made it! It's fun having our three stockings hanging on the mantel and knowing that Grammie is in charge of making the rest.



2 comments:

The Arbuckle's said...

Wow, so impressive. I like the idea of keeping yours from your grandma. Cute mantle

weston'smommy said...

My Great Grandma did the same thing. My mom made one for Jon and Weston, we have one for Cason that I don't know if will get made this year lol but its Santa on a motorcycle and Cason loves motorcycles right now.