Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mother's Day


I am so grateful to be the mother of these two little guys.  Since little Brody came into our lives things have been very different around here.  Poor Brody is not a happy little guy and is constantly crying because his tummy hurts.  That makes things a little more stressful around here and Luke doesn't get as much attention.  It is often hard for me to remember how blessed I am after Brody has been crying for three hours straight and Luke is yelling at me because he wants to be outside.  As I try to figure out what will soothe Brody and entertain Luke I need to remember those little moments that make being a mother magical.  I love it when Luke asks me, "Mommy, let me see your smoles (smiles)!"  Then his little face lights up when I smile at him!  Or when Brody is finally asleep and laying there so peaceful while a little smile crosses his face.  Luke always melts my heart when I am done getting ready and he tells me how pretty I look.  Even at three in the morning I love it when Brody's cries are stopped just by me cuddling with him.  One of my favorite moments though is when they are happy and loving each other.  When Luke goes to Brody's rescue with the binky or a love.  I love these two little boys so much and I don't know what I would do without them.  

1 comment:

The Arbuckle's said...

Happy Mother's Day. I forget how colicky newborns can be, but I love how you find the positive in all things. Hope things get better with brody.