Thursday, June 7, 2012

Blessing Day










I absolutely love having my babies blessed.  It is a strange feeling...you almost feel like their official and part of your lives forever.  It is so fun to be surrounded by all your family to celebrate the birth of such a sweet spirit.  I always feel so loved when all of the men in my family circle around for such a tiny little baby.  

I was very worried about Brody's blessing because he has basically cried for the past two months.  On Friday he was scheduled for his first round of vaccinations and this didn't make me feel any better.  Luke cried for two days straight when he received his shots so I expected the same from Brody.  However, we received a tender mercy.  The shots had the opposite effect on Brody and he slept for two days.  He was a dream during his blessing.  Brody slept during his entire blessing and opened his little eyes right as his daddy finished.  When Mark was done he held Brody close to his chest and Brody just snuggled in!  I was also worried about Luke because he wanted to join the circle for his cousin's blessing so we had a big talk before church.  Mark asked Luke who got to go up with Brody and Luke replied, "Daddy's, Uncle's, Grandpa's, and Bishop's."    

His little outfit is the same Feltman Brothers brand that my brothers and I wore and now my children wear.  They are handmade outfits and beyond precious.  Brody wore his Uncle Tom's shoes just like Luke did.  He looked delicious!

After his blessing we had everyone over for a breakfast.  Note to self...make more cinnamon rolls next time.  Luke thought this was the best part and played his Uncle Mitch for two hours straight.  After everyone had left Luke reminded us that he hadn't had his picture taken yet with his brother.  He wanted Brody to sit by him like a big boy.  I am amazed at how strong Brody is and how much he already loves Luke.  He hears his voice and starts looking around for his face!

It was a perfect day and I am so blessed!  

No comments: