The past few swim lessons have been really rough for Luke. I was getting very frustrated because it was a forty-five minute drive each way and when you cry for ten of the fifteen minutes in the lesson it makes it pretty much worthless. One day I remember that I hadn't ever taken Luke to Wheeler Farm and it was close to Swim Kids. Luke promised that he would be a good swimmer and not cry so we could go to Wheeler Farm. The little fish has never swam so well. His teacher asked if I would be willing to take him to Wheeler Farm after every swim lesson!
It was not an ideal day to go...high 90's...but Luke earned it. He had his cowboy boots on and he was ready. The barn full of tractors was a huge hit with Lukers. He ran from one tractor to the next so excited. The tractor ride was about the hottest thing I've ever endured. Poor Brods and I were miserable, but Luke was in heaven. The poor pigs were crowded in the corner of their pen trying to get some shade. That didn't stop Luke from reaching in through the gate and petting them. I bought Luke a bag of food to feed the ducks which only lasted about a minute. When he had thrown all of his food he resorted to just chasing those poor ducks. Because of the heat our visit to Wheeler Farm was quick and we all needed showers when we left, but Luke still loved it.




No comments:
Post a Comment