Over Labor Day weekend we joined my family on their annual Bear Lake camping trip. After this weekend I decided we need to take Luke camping more often. He kept telling Mark and I how much he loved us and how happy we had made him! This little guy loves to camp. It's all he could talk about for two days. He wanted to know everything we were going to pack and what he was going to be able to do when we got there. He even nicknamed brother "Brody Camper."
It wasn't the best weather for camping...pretty much a downpour the entire night. We were having a great time around the bonfire roasting marshmallows, little smokies, banana boats, etc. while Luke was trying to convince us that he was tired and ready for bed. We didn't fall for it...he just couldn't wait tot get in that tent. Brody and I snuggled up in my sleeping bag while Mark tried to stop Luke from rolling all over us. I couldnt' believe that I was cold and Luke wouldn't even stay in his sleeping bag. Every time I woke up he was in a different spot. Brody Camper was such a trooper. He slept all night and was a dream! I just can't get enough of this little guy!
Luke loves camping because he can wear whatever he wants, pee outside, and run wild all day. Uncle Mitch kept trying to convince us that the water was warm. Luke fell for it and was pretty cold by the time he got out. He spent the rest of the day digging holes in the sand.
As much as I don't like camping, it is fun for a night or two each year. I love being cuddled up with Mark and the boys in the tent. We get to spend a lot of time together and just relax. Let's just hope for no rain next year!






No comments:
Post a Comment