Luke has been begging to go to preschool for the last year. We never thought this day would come, but Luke finally started preschool. He was so excited that morning and had everything planned out. I let him buy a new outfit for the first day and of course he chose a tractor outfit. Miss Darcy told them to bring one thing for show and tell. Luke chose to bring his new tractor. He was sure he needed to pack a lot more things in his backpack like crayons, paper, markers, pens, etc. I distracted him with packing his snack and calling it good.
For how excited he was I thought he would jump out of the car and go running up to the door. Luke never ceases to amaze me. He asked me if I could walk him up to the door and told me not to leave him. I sometimes get a little sad because Luke is so independent and doesn't seem to be one bit bothered when I leave him with a babysitter. I loved to know that when it comes right down to it he really does need me!
When preschool was over I didn't even need to ask how his first day went. He told me right away that he didn't like Miss Darcy and was never going back to preschool. Apparently, during preschool he decided he was done and decided to go explore Miss Darcy's house. She kindly told him that he needed to stay in the classroom but lately Luke doesn't take people correcting him very well. I talked to him about the rest of the things they did and he realized that it was actually a pretty great day and he would try again! I can't believe my little guy is so big and in preschool. I am so proud of my Lukers!





1 comment:
Sounds like you have a strong willed one on your hands. He looks so excited to start!
Post a Comment