It seems like every year we wait until the last minute to visit Temple Square. This year I thought it would be a good idea to go right at the beginning of month. Especially since the weather was perfect and hadn't become super cold. The only problem was the rest of Utah had the same idea. I have never seen it so crowded.
We first headed to City Creek's food court since Luke and I were starving. You can't imagine the lines. People were even sitting on the ground just to eat their chicken nuggets and fries. We knew this would be a no go so we decided to try the lights first. Sadly, it was the same scene. There were people everywhere, you could hardly move or walk around.
Next, was the candy windows at Macy's. I was so happy for Luke to experience these windows. They were always my favorite as a child and I was excited to have them back to enjoy! Once again, we had to fight the crowds. The windows had so many people around them that Mark and Brody didn't even attempt it. They just hung back and waited. At each window I would push Luke up through the crowds so he could get a glimpse. He would eventually emerge from the sea of people and we would continue on to the next window. Luke said his favorite was the Nutcracker window. I loved how in awe he was of all the candy they used!
Since we were done with people and crowds we got in the car and headed to Crown Burger. It was a yummy way to end the night and relax without fighting through people.




No comments:
Post a Comment