One day we decided to venture out of the resort and go on an excursion. It wasn't easy deciding on an excursion with a group this big, but we finally made up our minds and went. Our first stop of the day was Coba. It's a Mayan ruin that was about thirty minutes from our resort. Luke and Emerson got a little bored listening to our tour guide. Luckily, they entertained each other! Lukers wanted to get climbing, that was what he was most excited about. Poor Brody was so hot and uncomfortable. He liked getting out of his stroller though and riding on Daddy's shoulders.
Luke had fun climbing the smaller temples and steps. He wanted to know all about the indians, as he referred to them. Luke was sure he wanted to climb the big temple and was super pumped until we got there and he realized how tall it was. He was even more crushed when he asked me to carry him to the top and I said no. Even I was a little nervous at first, I've never climbed anything that high up before. I was glad that I did it though, because the view at the top was amazing. Standing at the top looking out over the canopy was surreal.
After we were done at the temple we went to a nearby restaurant for lunch. I don't know if it was because were so hot and hungry, but the lunch was amazing and probably the best meal of trip. Mark was feeding a very tired and hungry Brody off of his plate. Brody had eaten almost everything and all that was left was Mark's pico. He decided to give Brody just a tomato from the dip, not knowing how spicy it really was. Poor Brody screamed like never before. I quickly scooped it out of his mouth and got him a drink and that still didn't calm him. Luckily, the waiter brought us over a mango flan and that satisfied his burning mouth. Poor baby boy wasn't ready for such a spicy lunch.








No comments:
Post a Comment