Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Avengers Assemble

 







Luke's Avengers birthday was definitely a whirlwind.  We had the huge task of entertaining thirteen three and four year olds for an hour and a half.  I know what you're thinking...you asked for it.  But I couldn't say no to Luke and I was sure at least one friend wouldn't come.  Instead, all thirteen showed up ready to party.  We had a showing scheduled for right after the party so that didn't help much knowing we had to have our house spotless an hour after the party ended.  Luckily, we planned just enough activities to keep them entertained and in control the entire time!

Luke insisted that there had to be fighting at his Avengers party but I knew that was a not go so we agreed on making buildings out of cardboard and throwing Thor's hammer at them.  The kids thought this was awesome and all wanted a second picture.  I love the picture of Luke after he threw the hammer.  His face says it all...totally tough and nailed it!  The game that they struggled with the most was pin the shield on Captain America.  They couldn't understand why we were blindfolding them and all tried to cheat.  It's amazing how close they all got...little cheaters!  Sadly, the scavenger game would have been better outside but Thor's thunder and rain prevented us from going outside.  The kids were put with a partner and had to find the four Avenger symbols that were on their card.  It was funny to see the kids that took charge and those that were happy just to follow.  Since there were girls invited I decided we needed a little craft.  The kids got to make their own superhero masks.  They turned out pretty cute!

Present time was definitely everyone's favorite.  The kids loved seeing what Luke got while Mark and I got the biggest laugh from watching them.  Luke's one friend Nash was sure Luke had already opened his fair share of presents and it was time to give someone else a turn.  Mark finally told Nash to open a present and he chose to open his own present.  He stopped about halfway into opening it and said, "I think I know what it is!"  Mark and I thought we were going to die laughing while the other little kids were appalled that Nash was opening his own present.  However, he happily handed the gift over to Luke and everyone moved on!  We finished with cake and then it was time to go.  It was a fun party and everything went smoothly!  Sure hope Lukers liked his first friend birthday party!     

No comments: