Sunday, November 3, 2013

24th of July










The 24th of July in Bountiful is probably one of my most favorite memories growing up.  The parade + carnival + fireworks were the highlight of my summers.  I have tried to make it a priority now with the boys.  The only problem is it has become very popular and crowded.  Getting seats is almost impossible now.  Since Pat and Becca live a block away from Main Street I put Pat in charge of saving our seats this year.  He did a good job and got us good seats.  

The parade was toasty to say the least.  The boys were sweaty and red faced until the sun finally went away.  Luke, Brody, and Liam were in shock when the parade first started but then had a blast when they passed out flags for them to wave.  I love that Luke and Brody sat together in their chairs and just watched the parade.  I think they were too hot to move!  Once it cooled down Luke danced with Emerson and got really into it.

Luke was lucky because our seats were right by an ice cream truck.  Grammy kept buying him these huge popsicles that he would take two licks of and then throw them out.  He was in heaven!

After the parade we hit the carnival and spent way too much money on dumb rides!  The boys kept wanting to go to the fishing pond and loved their treasures.  Luke was determined to go on the train but Brods wasn't so sure.  I was afraid he was going to try and jump off.  Luckily his big brother was there to keep him safe!

We stocked up on glow in the dark wands, necklaces, bracelets, etc. to keep the boys entertained during the fireworks.  Brody was mesmerized by the fireworks and kept pointing at them and yelling.  It was so cute but I don't think our neighbors appreciated it!  

Our daddy had to work late so he didn't make it to anything sadly.  We really missed him and I was exhausted by the end of the night.  I am grateful for my family that really helped me!  The boys had fun so it was all worth it!

No comments: