One of our favorite Christmas traditions is decorating gingerbread houses with the Waite family. Each year they get a bit more creative and the competition gets very intense. Luke knew what he was going to make for days...an Army house. He spent the entire night stealing all of the green candies and dunking the army guys in frosting. Lukers also realized for the first time that this was a competition. He took this very serious and engaged in some smack talk during the decorating process. If he anyone commented on a house Luke would tell them their house was going down because his army guys were going to blow their house up.
Brody and Liam were an absolute joy during this activity. They were so happy decorating and stuffing their faces with frosting and candy. I think Liam had more candy in his tummy than on his house. Brody loved sticking candy on, taking it off, and moving it to a new place on his house. I've never seen these two so focused for so long!
When everyone was done we invited Pete and Robyn Jordan over to judge. They talked it over and then made their announcement. Grammy came in third with her Christmas fireplace, Pat in second with his MarioKart track and drum roll Luke came in first place with his army house. The look on Luke's face was beyond priceless and something I will never forget. I don't think I have ever seen him so happy or shocked in his life. Such a fun night and one that Luke will never forget!










No comments:
Post a Comment