If there is one thing Mark hates in life it's Disneyland! However, he knew he had to put a smile on his face and take his boys to Disneyland! It's definitely not cheap and very exhausting to spend a day at Disneyland but seeing the joy and Luke and Brody's faces was beyond worth it all!
Growing up and going to Disneyland with Eileen was not a relaxing experience. The second those doors open you hit the ground running and don't stop until the doors close. Mark's family didn't quite have the same idea as me. They just take things slower than me and weren't too worried about seeing everything but it was still fun to be together.
We hadn't ever been to the new Cars Land and didn't disappoint! The boys faces when they got to meet McQueen was priceless. We couldn't even get Brody to take his eyes off him for a picture.
I think Luke's favorite ride was the Toy Story ride. He couldn't understand why we couldn't just keep going around and around. Brody had fun on all of them but he had a blast in Bugs Land. Just Brody and I went there while Mark and Luke went on some bigger rides. At the end of the night I took Luke on my favorite ride, Hollywood Tower of Terror. I think it definitely scared him but he had a blast at the same time. It was so funny to see his mixed reaction!
I think I almost get as excited about the food as I do about the rides. One of my favs is definitely the turkey leg. Lukers kept stealing mine and Mark's and chowing down! The thing was as big as his head. At the end of the night I grabbed a Dole Whip and downed it and started looking for a churro. Mark was a scrouge and stopped me...he said that was a little excessive. Pretty rude!
All day long the boys wanted to hit the gift shops but we held them off until the night. When they finally got to go in and pick out one thing they were in heaven. Their picks weren't my first choices but oh well. Brody chose a pack of six Mickey Mouse head lollipops and Luke chose a pack of dinosaurs...not very Disney but he was happy!
If it was up to me we would have gone two or three days. However, Mark likes to just hit hard for one day. I think we definitely wore the boys out. Towards the end of the night Brods just laid down on the ground and refused to walk. Around midnight we were in line for Pirates of the Caribbean and Luke couldn't keep his eyes open. Mark kept trying to wake him up but he was already gone and our Disneyland experience was over.









No comments:
Post a Comment