When I found out I was pregnant I knew for sure it would be a boy! This is the seventh grandchild on my side and the ninth on Mark's side and so far there's only one girl so I guess you could say our family just doesn't produce many girls. When Dr. Spencer said that he thought it was a girl Luke started jumping around the room celebrating and Mark said, "Sweet, looks like we're done having kids." I just sat and waited for him to say never mind I was wrong it just like he did with Brody. However, he didn't change his mind. As we left the office Mark asked when I was going to announce this. Um when she comes out and I know for sure. I was positive that he was wrong and wasn't ready to announce it. When everyone asked I just said that the baby was hiding and we couldn't tell.
From the day we told Luke that I was pregnant he would pray daily that it was a girl. I didn't want to crush him so I was determined to find out the truth. The next day I went and paid to have a second ultrasound. I of course did this without Mark knowing because he would die if knew I was paying for something we had gotten for free the day before.
At the end of the ultrasound the tech said she was 90% sure it was a girl. Um ya this wasn't good enough for me so you bet we came back the next day. This time the tech was 100% sure it was a girl. Mark of course found out and told me to announce it right then or else he would.
I'll probably still hold onto most of my boy stuff until she actually arrives but I am so excited these cute brothers will have a sister. They will absolutely adore her and she will be one spoiled little princess!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment