Last year I called an hour late and and wasn't able to get our reservations for Breakfast with Santa at the Grand America. This year I set my alarm because I wasn't going to miss it. Luckily I was able to get our reservations and we were so excited to go.
That morning we surprised the kids and of course Brods was pumped but Luke was being a toughie. He didn't understand why he had to wear nice clothes and wanted to wear his signature Under Armour outfit. I should have just let him go and see how out of place he was but instead we had a battle and I won. When we got there he of course thanked me for having him wear nice clothes...it's always nice to know you were right.
The kids loved the breakfast. There was so much good food to eat and they were in heaven. Clara started pounding the macaroons and wouldn't let go of them. When Brody reached for a macaroon he stopped and looked at me and said, "Wait mommy do macaroons have protein in them?" I laughed and said that didn't matter this morning and you should have seen the smile on his face. I guess maybe we make our kids eat a little too healthy. Luke was downing the hot chocolate and meat as fast as he could. He would fill up his plate, eat two things and go back for more.
After breakfast we wandered around and looked at the window displays and life size gingerbread house until it was our time to talk to Santa. Clara wasn't so sure about Santa at first and decided to go straight for Mrs. Claus. After Santa offered her a candy cane she only had eyes for him. The boys asked Santa for their wishes. Luke really wants a signed Peyton Manning football or card...he's not picky...and an Xbox. Brody wants a race car track for his cars. I hate to say it but we're going to have one satisfied and one unhappy little boy come Christmas morning.







No comments:
Post a Comment