Sunday, May 8, 2016

Pictures with Santa







Every year we do pictures with Santa. They are my absolute favorite pictures. We are there for less than fifteen minutes and the pictures they produce are amazing. However, every year I have dressed up as Santa and this year I decided I was done. Clara is a daddy's girl and we had no idea how she would react to Santa so I decided daddy needed to be Santa. 

The pictures were great and the photographer got some great shots. I was surprised when she only shot one pose and said we were done. It was a crazy day there so I was grateful for what we got and told the kids to change their pajamas for Grammy's pictures next. Mark got out of his Santa suit and we did the cousin pictures. The photographer came over to me and felt so bad because she just realized she only did one pose with my kids and said we could do one more. 

Oh boy was it tough talking my kids into getting changed yet again. By this time they were already back in their original clothes and not too excited about a fourth wardrobe change. I talked them into and they were onboard. Surprisingly the most stubborn person was our Santa. He was not having it and told me just try out the Santa that was already there. Mark was willing to risk Clara screaming in the pictures and it looked like I didn't have a choice. 

Making the kids get changed to do a few more shots was the best decision that entire day. These last shots are by far my favorite and Clara didn't seem to mind Santa one bit. She was in awe of him and Mark wondered why he was dragged along in the first place. 

No comments: