Every year of our marriage we have had issues with our Christmas tree. We've never had a new tree and so each year I'm left dealing with lights. This year I decided I was tired of that and wanted a new tree. Mark said to do whatever I wanted so I went and bought a new tree. That night when I told Mark I had bought a tree he started going back on his "do whatever" and thought maybe we shouldn't waste our money on that.
The boys were already excited to decorate the tree and didn't like all the uncertainty. Thanks to a Utah football game Luke had learned the word "bullshit." We explained to him what the word meant and why he should never say it. While Mark and I were discussing what to do about the tree Luke interjected and said, "Mom, if you want to tell dad this is bullshit that's okay!" Mark and I both laughed and decided it was time to move on and just decorate the tree.
Clara was a huge help decorating the tree. She was all over the boxes and pulling every ornament out. Generally we don't have any broken ornaments but sadly this year that wasn't the case thanks to our little helper.
I laughed watching the boys because Brody would throw the ornaments on as fast as he could and Luke kept wanting to put them on in certain areas. Brody was thoroughly enjoying himself and Luke was getting very frustrated. I always love how the boys sit back and admire their work when they are done. It's tradition that they sleep under the tree when it's fully decorated and they were so excited to snuggle up under it. I can't wait for this Christmas season with these three!








No comments:
Post a Comment