Saturday, March 27, 2010

First Birthday Cake

Today I took Luke's picture eating his first birthday cake. I know he is a few weeks away from his first birthday, but we didn't have much else going on today. I knew that Luke would be great for the birthday cake picture. He loves food and he doesn't mind getting dirty.

When Mark first handed him the cake he instantly started slapping it. He stopped and looked up at Mark to make sure it was okay. Then he dove in and didn't stop. We had a hard time getting him to even look up from the cake. When we were done he was covered in cake and frosting. He then flipped it all over the house as I carried him to the tub. I had to use dish soap to was him off because he was practically covered in lard.

Luke will definitely still have his first year pictures done by a professional, because let's face it, we're not!



7 comments:

The Arbuckle's said...

I think your photos look amazing. I love how he loves food so much, funny kid.

I can't believe your baby is going to be one, time flies by too fast.

Lory said...

I think we should practice tomorrow too! He is so adorable and you are pretty amazing to allow this to happen more than the 1 real birthDAY!! :)

Haskell's said...

He is such a doll!! I can't believe he is going to have his birthday so soon! I love those pictures.

Unknown said...

LOVE THE LAST ONE!! SO CUTE!!

Annie said...

are you telling me that you took those pictures yourself?? they are adorable! Luke is too cute!

weston'smommy said...

Those are adorable you did a fantastic job! I love them.

Zach and Erika said...

LOOOOOOOOOVE that last pic! Where did you get them taken? So cute! Way to go on walking! I love his finger point!