Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Dresser

So here is the dresser I talked about earlier. Right when I saw it on KSL I was in love. Mark wasn't so sure, but he still drove down to Spanish Fork to get it for me! When he called me on his way home all he would say was that it was old and he didn't think it was going to work.

It was definitely an old dresser, but that's what I loved. The dove tail drawers and the curved legs are so unique. The side had quite a bit of damage. I covered the sides with some molding and then used wood filler on the rest of the damaged spots.

I didn't do much distressing on this piece, but I love how the distressing shows off the details. It was a pretty quick project and I love how it turned out! I think Luke is sad the project is done. He loved getting his boots on and working with tools in the garage. What would I have done without my assistant!?!?




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh that looks sooo good! and same w your tables!

The Arbuckle's said...

Love how it turned out. such a great and unique piece.

weston'smommy said...

That is beauitiful. I have a dresser very similar I would like to repaint and a coffee table. You have inspired me to get started.