One thing that I have learned in my short time of being a parent is that you never say never. For example, I always said my kids will never drink Coke, sleep in my bed, etc. Well, I have a two year old addicted to Coke and sleeps in my bed. When Luke was about 16 months old he started climbing out of his crib. Up until then he was an amazing sleeper. For the past eight months we have been battling bed time with Luke. We have tried everything...a toddler bed, locking him in his room, a big boy bed, and finally we gave up and allowed him in our bed. When you both have to be to work the next morning it's just not worth the fight. Every night Mark and I would talk about what it would be like if Luke slept in his own bed and wasn't kicking us or asking where his sippy and baby were.
Finally Sunday morning I woke up at 6:00am and realized Luke wasn't in our bed. Mark and I both thought there was a good possibility he was dead. We didn't believe that he really slept through the night in his own bed. Mark said we should appreciate that night because it's not happening again. Well, he slept in there again last night and didn't put up a fight during nap time today. When I went in today he was awake and just laying in his bed!
I had to quickly post and celebrate this today because there is a good possibility his streak will end tonight with a slumber party in mom and dad's bed!
2 comments:
That is such great news!!! I hope it lasts! I miss Luke. Give him a big kiss for me.
I totally understand! You get soooo tired, and too tired to care enough to take him back to his bed! Sophia started doing it, and we did a sticker chart for her, and that broke her of the habit, but she's 4. So if he keeps doing it, when he's 4, you can know there's hope!!! :)
Post a Comment