Luke was really excited to leave out the cookies he had made for Santa. He got right into his new Elf on the Shelf pajamas and then picked out his cookies for Santa and the reindeer. Luke insisted that he leave a candy cane as well. The next morning it was really hard for Luke to go to church without opening his presents first. When he looked out and saw the presents he shook his hands in the air and screamed "presents!!!" Right when we said amen for the closing prayer at church Luke yelled, "Present time!"
He put his sock monkey hat on and was ready to go. The main gift he asked for this year was tools. And not just any tools, electric tools. I love the look on his face when he opened his first ho ho bag to find Home Depot tools. Last year we had a hard time getting Luke to open his presents. He wanted to stop and play with each one. Not this year, he was all about the unwrapping! He also received a doctor kit, a huge box of Duplo bricks, Skullcandy headphones, art supplies and lots of yummy candy.
After we had opened presents we ate breakfast and got ready to go to Grandma Tracy's house. Luke's job at her house was to pass out the presents. He did a fabulous job. However, he thought Papa E was receiving way too many gifts and so he started just chucking the gifts at poor Papa E. Luke was having a hard time because we were taking turns opening presents. He came over to me and said, "Mommy, I'm so frustrated." When I asked why he replied, "Because I just need to open some presents." Papa E and I decided it was time for Luke to do some major present unwrapping!!! It was fun for Luke to finally have a cousin to exchange gifts with. He was so happy to give Baby Emerson his basketball hoop. I can't wait to see how much more fun they will have when Emerson is older! Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment