Sunday, April 15, 2012

Easter









Easter was a bit more challenging this year since we had a six day old in our family! On Saturday I took Luke over to our neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt. Luke was so excited and could hardly wait...I had been up all night with Brody and just wanted to sleep. Still, I dragged myself out of bed and made two pans of cinnamon rolls for the breakfast at the hunt. As we were walking out the door Luke threw his fist in the air and yelled, "Let's go to the Easter Egg Hunt." His little fist hit one of the pans and it went flying. I think I was too tired to freak out because I just stepped over the mess and started to walk across the street. Poor Luke kept apologizing and I told him to not worry and have fun at the hunt.

Each child could find twelve candy filled eggs and as much candy as they wanted. Luke just went for the candy because he didn't understand that the eggs were filled with candy. Once he figured that out he didn't like the rule of only collecting twelve. It was fun to get out of the house and do something with Luke. He had a fun time playing with all of his friends!

That night we dyed our eggs. Luke loves to be hands-on in the kitchen and he wanted to do all the dying himself. We had quite a few broken eggs and splashed dye when we were done. However, Luke had a great time and that's all that matters.

The next morning Mark woke Luke up when he got home from his church meetings. I was just getting up with Brody so I didn't get pictures of Luke finding his eggs. I guess it doesn't matter since the big hit for Luke was his Bubble Mower that the Easter Bunny left. It was a bit chilly outside but that didn't stop Luke from heading out to the mow the backyard in his underwear and no shoes.

I had made these Easter shirts for the boys a few weeks ago. I tried extra hard to get a good picture of my two little guys in their chocolate bunny shirts, but you can't even see the shirts and poor Brody was wanting nothing to do with it. We had a nice and relaxing Easter. It was nice to be at home with our little family! Happy Easter!

1 comment:

The Arbuckle's said...

What a fun Easter.
You are an amazing mother and I love how you make sure Luke is always having a great time.