Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Lukers is 3!












It was a little crazy having Luke's birthday so close to Brody's birth.  April is now going to be an extra busy birthday month for our family.  Mark and I wanted to be sure that Luke had a great birthday and didn't feel neglected because of Brody.  

On his actual birthday Mark hurried home from work and picked up pizza...combination...Luke's favorite because he can just eat all the different toppings.  After we ate Mark and Luke headed to Boondocks.  Luke had a great time bowling, climbing in the jungle gym, playing the arcades, and spending his tickets.  When they got home we sung to Luke and had cake.  He still isn't great at blowing out candles and needed a little help from me.  

We got Luke a bike for his birthday and it was a huge hit!  It is one of those no peddle bikes so he can learn how to balance.  He rode it all over the house and even had to sleep with it by his bed.  I can already guess what he'll want to be doing all summer!

The next day we had Luke's family and friends party.  I planned to have it at the Rec Center so we could keep germs away from our house.  Luke had a hard time making up his mind between a pirate and a fish birthday.  He finally decided on fish!!! It was fun creating everything in Photoshop because Luke would sit with me and pick out colors and which sea creature he liked best!  He wanted to have donuts at his party because that's his new favorite treat!!!

I hope Lukers realizes how loved he is.  He had so many family and friends that came to help him celebrate and they all gave him such wonderful gifts.  He was in heaven and loved every minute of his party.  I had a hard time getting a good pic of him in the pool because he was constantly on the move and playing with his friends.  Now we just need to help him remember that he is 3...if you ask him he says 2, 5, or 12!  

I just love this little guy.  Words cannot express how much I love him and how much I love being his mother.  It has been hard the past couple of weeks having two kids and trying to give each the time and attention they need.  Luke is so full of life and I am constantly laughing at the funny things he does and says.  We have so much fun playing at  home together.  Our favorite things to do together are puzzles, cuddle up and watch a movie, play outside with bubbles, go to the park, read stories, and play board games.  Probably my favorite thing is to play make-believe.  It amazes me how creative his little mind is and what he comes up with.  Luke is perpetual motion, but he always manages to remind me each day how much he loves me.  My favorite thing to do is kiss his chubby little cheeks while he is sleeping and whisper, "I love you."  It is rare when Luke is not moving so I love to see how peaceful he looks when he sleeps!  I love Lukers and hope he had a wonderful birthday!    

2 comments:

The Arbuckle's said...

What a great party. I can't believe he is 3. he is getting so big.

weston'smommy said...

Happy Birthday Luke! The party looked so cute. I know what you mean it is hard a first going from one to two. But you are a great mommy so I am sure you are doing amazing!