When summer started I realized that Luke needed a job chart. It was a fight every morning to get him dressed and ready before he could play with friends. We went to the craft store and I let him pick out what papers he wanted. He chose construction...of course. Then I made him this little job chart. It is pretty simple because there's only a to do and a done side and the jobs are all pictures.
This has been a life saver. Luke now knows what has to be done before he can go outside and play with friends. Some mornings it takes him a little longer, but he eventually gets them done. The best part is we don't have to fight about it anymore!!! His favorite job is probably watering the flowers and his least favorite is cleaning up his toys.
Each week he receives one dollar for doing his chores. He calls them his fifty dollars and he is sure he can buy anything with them. The other night we were going to get frozen yogurt with the Kuehne's and Luke told them he would buy the ice cream because he has lots of fifty dollars! Keep up the hard work Lukers!


2 comments:
I love this idea can I see another picture of the board? Also what jobs do you have him do I need to do this with my boys.
Lacey,
I got the idea from Kelly Brown. Her blog is simplykellyb.blogspot.com! They're simple jobs and she has pics for the jobs on there.
Post a Comment