Monday, August 6, 2012

Tour de Park City









Mark decided to participate again this year in the Tour de Park City.  Last year he had a miserable experience so I was hoping this year would be better for him.  He has been training a lot more this year so I knew that would help!  Chad and Zach also participated in the race.  It's always nice to have a biking buddy on such a long ride.  The race started just outside of Park City and went all the way to Evanston, WY and back.  In total the route was 150 miles with a lot of climbing.  

Overall, Mark had a much better experience this year.  The only mechanical issues were two flat tires.  Since the food they provided isn't that great Mark packed his own PB&J's in his jersey and that really helped with nausea.  The weather wasn't ideal this year and they had to bike through a lot of wind, rain, and hail.  Mark's time was around 10 hours.  I can't even imagine sitting on a bike for that long and I am so proud of him for finishing!!!  

While the guys were biking the wives were busy keeping the kids entertained and trying to figure out when to meet them at the finish line.  We started a day the day out at the Outlets.  With that many kids we were only able to make it into a few stores.  After that, was lunch at McDonald's and naps.  We still hadn't heard from the guys so we decided to take the kids over the the Olympic Park.  Since the Olympics had started they were doing a big London Olympics Celebration.  The kids got to jump in bounce houses, squirt water guns at targets, and eat yummy English desserts.  Luke's favorite part by far was watching the ski jumpers.  We did this last year and he loved it just as much this year.  Every time a jumper  would go he would scream and yell for them and then say, "That was totally awesome!"  

Brody was such a little trooper during the day.  I was about to take him home because he had been up all night with a running nose.  Once I got Tylenol in him he was a different child!  We had a fun day together and always love summers in Park City!

No comments: