Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Brigham City Temple






I knew it would be good to take Luke to the Brigham City Temple Open House, but I was very hesitant because I knew it would be a trial...and it was.  Luke was so excited to be able to finally go into a temple.  We had a big talk on the ride up about how Jesus would want us to act in the temple.  I prepared him for the bus ride, movie presentation, shoe covers, etc.  Hoping this would curve some of his excitement if he knew what to expect.

I think the bus ride was the most exciting part for Luke.  He got pretty bored during the video presentation and started talking to the ladies behind us.  Luke asked them if they had sons.  The one lady told him that she did and Luke responded, "Does he like coookies?  Because I am a cookie freak."  This little guy is very social and very random.  

Right after Luke got his little shoe covers put on he was very bugged by them.  They only lasted until the entrance of the temple and then he had them ripped them off.  He went barefoot the rest of the time.  I was super tired by the time we left the temple because there were no strollers allowed so I was packing my sweet Brody and his ginormous diaper bag all while trying to control Luke.  Brody was so mesmerized by all the pretty lights and chandeliers.  His little head was constantly tilted up towards the ceilings.  Luke's favorite part was the baptismal font.  He referred to it as the "bull hot tub."  I think Luke about did in every sweet volunteer because he climbed on just about everything he could.  There was very little of the temple that he didn't touch that day.  

We have never been to Brigham City so I decided since we were there why not see what there was.  I've heard that Peach City has great fries and shakes.  Poor Brods was exhausted and slept in his car seat while we ate.  Luke thought the little stools at the bar were amazing.  While I was bending down taking care of Brody, Luke went ahead and ordered himself a huge chocolate ice cream cone.  I was planning on sharing a shake with him but he thought he was so big that he could just order his own food.  After that we stopped by Idle Isle Candy to try their almond toffee.  Luke got a huge fish sucker...took two licks and was done.  

By the time we left I think we were all ready for a nap.  The boys both zonked on the way home.  I am sure some people thought that it was disrupting to take Luke that day, but I am so glad I did.  Both he and Brody loved seeing the inside of the temple and it's not something they will get to do in the near future.           

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HA HA Love that Lukers!! I think you needed a nap after that!! That boy doesn't have on shy bone in his body. He is hilarious!!