Sunday, November 11, 2012

Jack-o-Lanterns






Since Mark was so busy at work this month I had to carve the pumpkins by myself with the boys.  Not the best experience, but we got it done!  Every year up until now Luke spent more time eating the pumpkins than cleaning them out.  This year was a totally different story.  Luke didn't even want to put his hand in the pumpkin.  I told him to cowboy up and just do it.  He agreed and got going.  I cleaned out the other pumpkins while he worked on his.  The entire time Brody was watching us in his Bumbo.  He was sure he was being left out and wanted to get in on the action.  

Luke first thought he wanted a witch pumpkin but then he remembered about Dracula and changed his mind.  I was happy because that was a much easier design to carve.  Luke thought it wasn't fair that I was the only one allowed to do the cutting.  Especially since the knives were just little and his size.  

We did quick and simple designs and I think they turned out pretty cute!  Sadly, it was an unusually warm Halloween and the pumpkins baked in the sun the next day.  Despite the slight shriveling they still looked spooky for Halloween night!

No comments: