I have only taken Luke out trick-or-treating one time and that is because it was pouring rain and Mark volunteered to stay home and hand out candy. Mark doesn't think it's a big deal to just leave the bucket of candy on the front porch and us both take the boys. Every year I try and fight this and I just end up staying home. This year I really wanted to go so I finally gave in and left the bucket of candy. I love watching Luke run around and get so excited about seeing our neighbors and collecting candy.
This year we went around the neighborhood with the Denny's and Rust's. Luke had a blast going with friends and didn't want the night to end. It was a really warm night so we didn't mind going to a few extra houses. Brody was happy in his stroller and eventually fell asleep. I love how he doesn't mind his parrot costume at all. I think he actually likes it at times because he feels snug and warm!
I always love how excited the kids get as they watch their buckets and bags slowly fill up with candy and treats! Luke's favorite treat this year was a package of Cheetos. This was the first treat to be eaten when we got home. He was too excited to eat dinner before we left that night so he was relieved when he saw our neighbors serving Butter Beer and hot dogs! He didn't even bother with a bun or condiments, just grabbed and dog and kept on walking.
When we got home the boys were both exhausted. They had a snack, got in the tub, and fell right asleep! It was a fun Halloween and I am so grateful I have these fun boys to share it with!



No comments:
Post a Comment