When I saw that there would be Jr. Darts basketball for three and four year olds I knew we had to sign Luke up. I knew he would love it and that it would be pure entertainment for us! When it comes to sports I am just happy that they're out there doing it and having a good time. Mark on the other hand, takes it pretty serious. He kept reminding Luke to focus and listen to his coaches. I love this picture of Luke playing around with the ball and Mark trying to get him to focus.
His first day, Luke was pretty nervous and not sure what to expect. He kept coming over to me on the sideline to get a kiss or love. By now he is a pro and has made a few friends. I am amazed how well he does at dribbling and shooting. They received a basketball and t-shirt the first day which Luke thought was awesome. He wants to take his basketball with him wherever we go.
Each practice they wear name tags so the other parents and coaches know their names. One day Luke went over and asked for his name tag all by himself. He came walking over to us and we knew right away there was something wrong. There is a little boy there named Lucas and they had given him that name tag. Luke marched right up to us and said, "Look, I don't have a c, a, or s in my name. I tried telling her it was wrong." Nothing gets by this little guy!
I think Luke has really enjoyed going to basketball and hanging out with his dad. It makes me excited to sign him up for more sports!



No comments:
Post a Comment