Monday, February 11, 2013

Happy New Year








We were in Mexico over New Year's Eve!  The resort had a nice dinner and program.  Luke was in awe of the program.  They were Mayan dancers with lot so fire, smoke, and chanting.  Right up Luke's alley!  However, little boys can be expected to sit so long.  

They had just as much fun hanging out in the lobby.  Luke is so anxious to have a cousin he can play with and interact with.  He is sure that Emerson is ready to be his buddy, but I think he still needs a little time!  One thing that I love about Luke is how brave he is and not afraid to be independent.  Whenever he wanted a drink on this trip he wasn't afraid to go up to the bar and order one.  The bartenders always thought he was awesome and spoiled him!  

The boys were starting to get pretty tired and we knew there was no way we were making it until midnight, but right as we were about to call it a night they brought out the noisemakers and hats.  This recharged Luke and he was sure he was ready to party.  We knew that this would lead to no good so we called it a night.  Maybe one day Mark and I can actually stay up until midnight on New Year's Even!

I am so looking forward to this new year!  Being home with my boys and not working has made me want to cherish every moment I have with them this year.  I felt like when I worked I always running mad and didn't take the time to relax and enjoy life.  My goal this year is to cherish every moment with Mark and the boys and not let the outside world, pressures, or my to-do-list interfere with that!

No comments: