Thursday, May 9, 2013

Baby Horse





It's always exciting when Spring comes and a baby horse is born!  Something about baby horses just makes me happy.  I love their long legs and how they try to walk just moments after birth.  The boys got to visit Grandpa Hansen's equestrian center when this little guy was a few days old.  Luke could hardly wait to get over there to see him.  He kept saying, "I am just so excited that Pops finally got me a horse that I can ride that's just my size."  Lukers was a little disappointed when he realized the horse wasn't ready for passengers.  

I love the first picture with Brody.  The little guy was in awe of the baby horse and wanted to get at him.  I fell in love with the first picture because Brody is actually standing on his tippy toes to try and get closer at the horse.  The funny thing about Brods is he wants so badly to get close to them, but once we finally give him the okay to pat their face he gets nervous.  After Brody realized he wasn't going to be getting close to that baby he gave up and played in the rocks.  

Luke, was happy just to sit and stare at the horse all day.  He of course had a million questions and couldn't believe that the baby didn't have a name yet.  Luke spent the next serval days coming up with names.  Not that his will get used, but he had fun all the same!  

No comments: