This is our sweet cousin Lewie Hyde Waite. He was born on Memorial Day and we were so excited but sadly he has some problems with his heart. We have spent many hours praying for this little bug! He is a fighter and has already endured open heart surgery. The recovery hasn't been easy but he has overcome a lot of obstacles. Every time he has a setback we fast and pray as a family and it's always a miracle what he overcomes. I am so grateful for sweet Lewie in our lives. He has taught us so much and I feel like we all have something that we can learn from him.
I have loved listening to the sweet prayers that Luke offers for him. It makes him sad that he can't see him but he still cares so much for him. Luke's prayers are only focused on Lewie now! I hate watching Mitchell and Rachel have to go through this trial. It has definitely made me a better person and a better mother. I have taken motherhood for granted until now. The first time I went to see Lewie was the day before his surgery and it broke my heart to watch my brother who had only been a father for two days hold his son and sob because he didn't know what tomorrow would bring. My testimony in fasting has been strengthened and I can testify of it's power. I have seen many miracle with our sweet Lewie!
Mitchell sends out text updates about once or twice a day and I am always so eager and nervous to get them. I cannot explain the relief I feel when we receive a positive update. Whenever I go up to visit Lewie I always take a picture for Luke and he gets so excited to what picture I took that day. Luke and Brody have loved going to the hospital because it meant they got to play with Uncle Mitch in the Forever Young room! Mitchell is an amazing uncle and the kids adore him. He is always playing with them and making them laugh. It breaks my heart to see him so happy with my boys while I know he is aching for his sweet son. We love our little Lewie so much and hope he can pull through! He has amazing parents and family that are all pulling for him!

No comments:
Post a Comment