Monday, January 13, 2014

Haunted Gingerbread Houses













When I saw this haunted gingerbread house kit at Target I knew the boys would love it!  They were so excited when I showed it to them that night.  Luke thought it was so cool that they each got more than one house to decorate.  

Luke was all over this activity and dove right in squeezing frosting everywhere and dumping on the candy!  He felt so cool being able to use the frosting bag.  Luke is growing up so much and it breaks my heart.  I want him to stay my little guy forever!  Lukers also knew right from the beginning that the candy was good to eat!

Brody is still young and it took him a while to figure out we were using candy to decorate with.  He loved sticking the candies on and then taking them off and moving them around.  About halfway through Brody finally got a lick of his fingers and he couldn't believe what he had been missing out on!  Brody is obsessed with pumpkins this Halloween and he wanted every pumpkin on his house.  He didn't really care for the rest of candy but wanted those pumpkins.  Being the little helper that he is Brody enjoyed mixing the bowls of candy together!  

Normally I am very neat and clean but when it comes to project with my boys I like to just let them have fun!  They were covered in frosting and a complete sticky mess by the time we were done but they were happy and had a great time so it was worth it!  They probably would have decorated all night  if I hadn't torn them away for baths!  


No comments: