Sunday, February 9, 2014

Festival of Trees











Grandma Tracy had the fun idea of going out to the Festival of Trees and the boys had a blast!  Brody was mesmerized by all the trees.  I loved watching him smile and point at each tree.  Mr. Brody watches Monsters University about three times a day lately and you should have seen his face when he saw the Monster trees.  He got so excited and had a stunned and happy expression on his face.  I had a hard time pulling him away from the kids trees.

However, we couldn't stay at each tree for too long because Luke was plowing through the trees at a record pace.  He was so excited about all the different trees and ran from one to the next.  His favorite though was hands down the dinosaur tree.  When he asked me to take his picture in front of it he stood there and just yelled D I N O S A U R S instead of smiling!  I love this kid and all of his energy and excitement!  I can hardly keep up with him!

Luke would have been happy spending all day there walking up and down the aisles and admiring each tree, but we were on a time crunch and so had to move on.  They had a really cute kids area that also benefited Primary Children's.  Grandma Sally bought each of the boys tickets to spend on the booths.  They loved the fishing pond, sand art, phone booth, ornament painting, etc.  Little Brods got a DumDum sucker from the fishing pond and he was set.  He was content to climb up on Grandma's lap and eat his sucker!  Luke's favorite was probably the bubble machine.  He had a blast standing in the giant bubble blowing bubbles!

It was so much fun to be with the girls and our cousins!  I loved seeing all the trees and admiring at how creative and talented people are.  I had to choke back tears whenever I saw a tree dedicated to a baby that had passed.  Their little pictures were hard to look at without thinking of Lewie.  My mom was sad we didn't hurry and do a tree this year for him, but next year will be better when we have had time to heal.  

No comments: