During the first snow storm of the season we ran to Target and found this adorable snowman hat. The snow wasn't great for building a snowman but Luke was determined! I finally agreed and we got dressed to go outside. Poor Brods was exhausted by the time I got him dressed and ready that he just laid on the floor and wanted nothing to do with going outside.
I finally carried him outside and he was happy for about a minute. Luke of course was in heaven...rolling around in the snow, making snow angels, throwing snow in the air. It amazes me sometimes how opposite these two can be. Brody was happy exploring the snow until he realized the snow was sticking to his mittens. He would freak out and scream, "No, no, no...ku, ku, ku, ku!" I finally gave up and decided Brody just wasn't going to be a fan of the snow. Brody went inside and watched from the window.
Luke was sure he wanted to build a snowman but as usual he was very distracted! Since I couldn't roll a snowball with this snow I just made a huge mound of snow and taught Luke to pound it down for me as I piled up the snow. When it was tall enough I carved out the three bumps. Luke had a blast putting all of the accessories on and was very proud of his snowman. I sometimes get lazy about doing things like this with the boys but in the end it's so worth it because they both thought the snowman was amazing! Brody kept pointing at him and saying, "No...No man." Every time someone would come over to the house Luke would proudly show them the snowman. Of course a week later Luke had a blast destroying the snowman and was just as proud of that but that's Luke for you!






No comments:
Post a Comment