Saturday, August 30, 2014

To Lucy Love Luke



A few months ago Luke got in the car after school and had the biggest smile on his little face. When I asked him why he was so happy he told me that during school Caroline told him that Lucy thought he was cute and he kinda liked it but it was super awkward. I couldn't believe how happy he was. It was all that he could take about for days. If anyone even mentioned Lucy's name he would instantly blush and couldn't stop from grinning!

One night the boys and I were driving home from Heber after the Polar Express. It was a school night and already 9:00 at night but Luke realized that he needed to get a Christmas present for Lucy. I asked him what he was thinking of getting and said, "Well ya know jewelry!" Tomorrow was the last day of school before the winter break and I tried to talk him out of it but he was determined. 

We pulled over at WalMart of all places and I told him he had to hurry and get a gift. I took him to the toy section but he informed me that he wanted real gold jewelry for her. After I explained that we weren't going to be buying real jewelry he settled for some Disney princess jewelry. 

The next morning he made the cutest card for her and was so excited to give it to her. On the way to school I asked him if he was going to be embarrassed to give Lucy her present in front of his friends and he said, "No...why would I be?!" I love that Luke has a lot of confidence and I hope he never looses the confidence!

After winter break Lucy brought Luke a present to school. She went to Florida for Christmas so she brought him a turtle made out of sea shells. It was so cute! His first love!

No comments: