Saturday, May 16, 2015

Tin Caps







Luke was so excited to start T-Ball for the first time this year! He definitely had a fun season but I think it's safe to that T-Ball isn't the sport for this guy! At one of Luke's first practices a mom said to me, "Um is that kid yours? He's tackling all the kids and stealing the ball from them." Sure enough the coach was calling out their names and tossing the ball to them. Luke had become bored with this and decided to be the star player and tackle each kid to get their ball. T-Ball just didn't have the contact that Luke thrives on in sports! 

Luke had a great season and caught on to the rules very quick. That helped me a lot because this sport required a lot of parent involvement. Mark was rarely able to make it to the games so I would be there alone with Brody trying to help Luke when he was on base or getting the players lined up to bat. I think it was safe to say that Luke was on probably the naughtiest T-Ball team that season. There was always a constant wrestling match going on in the outfield so parent involvement was a must. 

Brody soon became a fan of Luke's T-Ball games when he learned that there was a concession stand. I don't even want to think about how much we spent on popcorn, cotton candy and soda this season. Whenever Luke wasn't on base or up to bat he was over shoveling junk food into his mouth!

I don't know if T-Ball was intense enough for Luke but he sure did have a fun season and I loved watching him play! I love this kid and how serious he takes his sports!

No comments: