Thursday, July 2, 2015

Mutton Bustin





Ever since Luke found out about mutton bustin he was determined to do it! It is all he has talked about so I needed to make sure it happened for him. We already missed a few rodeos and I didn't realize how popular it is how fast it fills up. I was finally able to get him into the Davis County Fair Rodeo. 

He was beyond excited and watched YouTube videos nonstop to try and get some good pointers. I thought for sure these videos would scare him but not Luke. Luke is one of the toughest kids I know! He was so ready and could hardly wait!  Whenever we talked to anyone he made sure they knew he was going to be in a real rodeo! 

When we arrived at the fair that night we intended on walking around and eating dinner before the rodeo but Luke was too excited and wanted to get to the rodeo and get ready. Sadly, we soon found out that the mutton bustin was towards the end of the rodeo. It was agonizing for Luke to wait that long. He kept asking nonstop when it was his turn. It finally came time for him to go down. Mark took him down to the shoots. 

Even after watching a few bad crashes Luke wasn't nervous at all. When it was Luke's turn his sheep came charing out of the shoot and Luke was on the ground in about two seconds but he was super proud of himself and that's all that matters! He had one of the best nights of his life and we are all so proud of him! Way to go Lukers!!! Love my little cowboy!!!

No comments: