Sunday, May 8, 2016

Christmas Eve









And just like that Christmas is over. It always makes me so sad when the Christmas season must come to an end. This year I tired really hard to prepare in advance so that we could enjoy the month celebrating as a family. I hope the kids had a fun month and understood better the true meaning of Christmas. We have a little Christmas tree that we add an ornament to each night. Each ornament represents something about Christ's life. This year when I pulled it out Luke said he didn't need to do that this year because he remembers doing it last year. I asked him what one of the ornaments represented and he couldn't tell me so I said that's why we review each year. 

During the day this year we went with the Petersen's ice skating at the Gallivan Center. We weren't the only people that had this idea but it was still a lot of fun. Probably not the warmest day to go but it was still so much fun. I couldn't let go of Brody or else he would fall and yet the entire time he kept yelling, "Look, I'm doing it!" I think I might not be able to walk tomorrow but it was so worth it. 

When we got home we quickly decorated our sugar cookie before heading out the door. We had our Christmas Eve dinner at Grammy and Papa's house like we do every year. The food is always amazing and I look forward to it each year. The kids have so much fun with their cousins and I love watching them play and have fun. 

Of course when we got home there was a note from Santa informing us that it was time for Jolly to go home. The boys look forward to giving Jolly a big hug and sending him on his way. Luke of course examines Jolly closely and questions if he's real or not. I am not ready to give up the magic and not sure if I ever will be but this little guy is too smart for his own good. The boys set out their cookies and milk for Santa and carrots for the reindeer and were off to bed. I can hardly wait for the looks on their faces in the morning!  

No comments: