On Thursday my mom and I were in yoga and she was talking about their upcoming trip on Tuesday for Disneyland. I told her I really should have gone with them because it had been so long since my kids had gone. She said, "Well why don't you come?" Um because you're leaving in a few days. She said she had buddy passes, a big van rented and a suite that we could all fit it. After I left the class I called Mark and he said go for it!
Since we were flying standby I decided not to tell the kids just in case it didn't work out. I spent the next few days frantically running around gathering Disney shirts, packing bags secretly and preparing for the trip. We had an early flight so it would be the perfect way to surprise the kids.
Mark and I woke the kids up and brought them out to the family room where their Disney outfits, backpacks and a letter were waiting. Luke read the letter to Brody. It was one of the funnest things to witness. Luke could hardly contain his excitement and kept asking over and over if we were really leaving. Brody was very worried that it was still dark outside and there was no way we could get on an airplane. I think he was still a little sleepy. I was nervous about traveling with three kids and no husband but there was no turning back now!


No comments:
Post a Comment