Jolly left the boys papers and scented markers to write letters to Santa. Luke was so excited and had a long long list for Santa. After we narrowed it down to two things he got to work. Brods only wanted one thing and he hasn't stopped talking about it...a race car track that goes zoom zoom!
Luke had told me a few weeks ago what he wanted for Christmas so I went ahead and started shopping...huge mistake. From now on I will make sure letters are done before shopping because they know once letters are mailed there's no going back. Luke had never even heard of a Zoomer Dinosaur before but after he saw one at his friend Madden's house he was determined to get one. I made it very clear that since Zoomer was really expensive he would only get Zoomer and probably not much else from Santa. He had a hard time believing me because he said that Santa has unlimited money. To ensure this theory didn't continue I told him that Mark and I actually send the money to Santa to help pay for his toys and we definitely do not have unlimited money. Kinda nice to get some of the credit from now on...maybe!
When they went to mail their letters Brody had a hard time reaching the mailbox so Luke jumped in to help him. I love this picture of Luke trying to muscle Brody up to the mailbox. Such a sweet big brother!
After the letters were mailed we went ice skating. It was the boys first experience and I was a little worried how it would go considering I was very pregnant. By the time I got Brods all suited up and ready to go he was exhausted and wanted to just sit on the bench. Luke of course got right out there and attacked it. It amazed me how many times he would take a big fall and pop right back up. Luke is one tough kid for sure.
Brody finally decided to come out on the ice after he saw Luke having so much fun. I of course had to hold him and couldn't let go or else he would fall. The entire time he kept saying, "Oh mommy look I'm doing it!" However, the second I let go of him he sat down on the ice. Brods had fun but didn't last very long. Luke was not about to be done though. Brody and I sat and watched him for about an hour before I dragged him off the ice because it was dinner time and I was starving. I'm glad that they both had a good experience and can't wait to do it again!











No comments:
Post a Comment