I know I've said it before but every year I kinda dread Jolly. It's not easy remembering to move him every night, be creative and keep the magic alive for Luke who is constantly questioning everything. However, the joy that I see on their faces every morning when they find him makes it all worth it. They get so excited to run and find him every morning and see what he has been up to!
I love my Lukers but if there is one thing he struggles with it's thinking before he acts. His little body is always moving faster than his brain and it gets him into trouble. Sometimes at the end of the day we talk about some of the mistakes he has made and what he could do better next time...trying to learn from our mistakes. Each night he would get very nervous and ask if Jolly was going to report that stuff to Santa. He would hurry over and whisper things into Jolly's ear. Sadly, I never could hear what he was saying but he told me he was apologizing to Jolly and begging him to not tell Santa. Luke is a hard kid for sure but he is also so much fun!
Probably one of the cutest things that Mark and I get to witness each Christmas is the magic when the boys say good bye to Jolly each year. When they are finally allowed to give him a kiss and a hug it's pure magic. The joy and excitement on their faces is so special and makes me wish they will never grow up! The holidays are a lot of work but so amazing and worth it because of these cute boys!










No comments:
Post a Comment