It was impossible to count the number of times Brody asked me when it was his turn to start school. He didn't like that Luke got to start before him. We probably bought him three different backpacks before the big day actually came. Brody is beyond lucky this year because he gets to go to preschool with seven of his best buddies. My sweet Brody gets very nervous and shy and I was so grateful that he had so many friends at school. We also started a playgroup this year and he could hardly wait for that start.
Brody received a box from Miss Deborah that he had to decorate and put special items in that tell about him. My little Brody is an artist and he could hardly wait to do his box. He spent days coloring it and putting stickers on. When we got to school that morning I saw the other boxes that had printed pictures on them but I loved how Brody drew his own pictures and was so proud of his box.
He walked right in to school and started playing with his friends. I was so proud that he didn't cry but I didn't want to leave him at the same time. Brody is definitely shy and I noticed right away that we would need to help him stand up for himself. When he was playing with the toys he didn't say a word if another child stole his toy from him. I wish that I could stay with my kids forever and protect them but Mark reminds me that it's good for them.
I know that Brody is in good hands this year and I am so glad that he's not far from me. I'm definitely going to miss his sweet smile while he's gone. I love my little preschooler!








No comments:
Post a Comment